Medical weight loss, or bariatrics, is a comprehensive non-surgical approach, including unique programs for medically complex patients. Our non-surgical weight loss program offers you customized guidance and support, including:
- Medications to aid in weight loss
- Personalized meal plans including meal replacements
- Nutritional counseling with a registered dietitian
- Sessions with a psychologist for behavior therapy
- Physical therapy evaluation, individualized exercise plan and metabolic testing
Your progress will be closely monitored by medical professionals led by Dr. Laure DeMattia. Dr. DeMattia is board certified and a specialist in obesity medicine. You will meet with your treatment team every two weeks until you have reached your goal weight.
If your Body Mass Index (BMI) is over 30 or you have health problems related to your weight, such as joint pain, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes or heart disease, you could benefit from medical weight management offered at our weight loss clinic. Our team will find the best plan for you.
Give our office a call at 405-515-2049.
Our staff can assist you with insurance questions. In most cases, you can be seen at the Norman Journey Clinic without a referral, however, some insurance plans do require a primary care physician’s referral.